Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What is Photography? - My perspective

Photography is a tri-syllable word which is derived from two Greek words i.e. "photo" means light and "graph" means drawing. So if we put it together then it will become "drawing with light" metaphorically.




Technically, photography is an art and science of creating durable and lasting images by recording light or other likely visible radiations. It is more or less similar to painting because both turn into substantial and concrete form. The difference in both is that painting is about the imagination and adroitness at portraying the right image whereas the photographs are of inverted and duplicate images of the scene. 


In my earlier childhood, I wondered how these images of things are exactly formed on those shining papers. It looked like a magic thing to me. Above all I wondered how the world is fitting into that little black box. Later I got to know actually what that was.

To me, photography is a bliss that enables me to see this world with a different view. With the eye of camera I can see a world that is captivating and enchanting. The images that I see with the eye of camera are my feelings. Feelings, those are sometimes pale and painful and sometimes beautiful and beguiling. This world is entirely dissimilar and singular than the real one. This one is free from mockeries and tyrannies, free from distrust and dishonor and free from evil and vice of the real world. Behind the lens of camera I only see those things which I crave for. A vision that has influence of the outer world on it and that influence is shaped by my mind. It’s like having my own personal world free from intruders in which I have got authority to decide that who can come in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chat Room